7 Ways To Improve Your Auction Sales
The reason we all use auctions sites to sell our items is to get the best price we possible can. You can really make a difference to your listings by taking a bit more time to really enhance your listing and highlight the best features of your item. Here are seven tips to help you get the best sales price possible.
1. Detail is everything – Take a few extra minutes to type a really informative description. If a buyer is unsure about purchasing , the description may just answer those questions about the item. It will certainly put you in a better position if there are two similar items for sale.
2. Good quality photographs – A picture is worth a thousand words and this has never been more true than when talking about auction photographs. Ensure you get some really good photos of your item, close up with plenty of detail. It will help the buyer to see the item and they will be able to check its condition and know that nothing is missing or damaged. If you are the sort of person who takes time to add good photo’s, it shows yo uare the sort of person who takes care of their collectables.
3. Be truthful – In order to get as many buyers as possible, make sure you are honest about your item. If it is ‘Used’, make sure you say so and try not to pretend it is ‘New’ or ‘Like New’. If buyers have any doubts about your item, then they are going to give it a miss and purchase another item instead. Even if someone does go ahead and buys it, if they are unhappy when they receive it, they are either going to want to return it or give you bad feedback. they certainly will not buy from you again.
4. Tracked Postage – Buyers are always nervous about when/if they are going to receive their items, especially as parcels can get lost in the post system. It is sometimes worth spending that little bit extra on a ‘tracked’ service. Not only will the buyer know when they will receive their item, it proves you posted it when you said you would and the parcel will also be insured.
5. Highlight the Best Bits – If you are selling an unusual or enhanced item, make sure you get that across to the buyers. Visually, the difference may not be apparent. For example a model train may have a digital chip or a sound chip added, but it would not look visually different to a similar train. Make sure you get those points across to the buyer, so that they will appreciate the added features and its higher worth.
6. Video is the new photo – Some auction websites do not allow video, but OffTrackBids do! Use it to your advantage, to provide lots of additional information about your item – buyers will love it. If a photo is worth a thousand words, then a video is worth at least a thousand photos!
7. Shout about rare or limited items – If the collectable you are selling really is rare or ‘one of a kind’, really make the most of your once chance to sell it. Make the effort to spread the word to as many potential buyers as you can. Use social media to inform people that it is for sale and its their ‘only’ chance to buy it. Just be careful with some limited editions, as sometimes this can be used even though the item is not really ‘limited’, as there could be thousands released into the market.