Help – Add An Auction
How to add a new auction or classified listing:
- Add Auction – Click on ‘ADD AUCTION‘ button either on the homepage or within your My Account area.
N.B. You will need to be logged in before you can add a new listing.
2. Listing Package – Decide which ‘Listing package’ you would like to use. There are two choices:
- Free Listing – You can list for free. You can also add additional upgrade options.
- Super Listing – Paid listing with all upgrades options included.
3. Once you have selected your package, the main auction listing page will be presented. You may complete the listing page in any order that you wish, although we do recommend that you follow the following order to obtain the best results:
4. Category – We suggest that you select the ‘Category’ and ‘Sub-category’ first, as other selections are dependent on your choices.
N.B. Some Mobile users may need to scroll to the bottom to find the Category selections.
4. Auction Title and Description – Insert your listing title and description. Please consider your auction title carefully as this will be used when people are searching for items. The title has a maximum character limit of 40. The description has a minimum character set to 50, although you can make it as long as you wish.
5. Auction Details – Here you can set the main options for your listing:-
- Auction Type – Select ‘Normal Auction’ where people can bid on your item. You can also add a Buy Now price if someone wants your item quickly. Select ‘Classified’ where buyers can purchase your item immediately – there is no bidding with this option. Other options on the Auction Details page will depend on your choice here.
- Auction Length – Choose a duration between 5 days – 120 days.
- Starting Price – The price that an auction will begin.
- Buy Now Price – The purchase price if someone wants to buy the item immediately.
- Reserve Price – A minimum price that the seller wants to achieve in an auction before the item will sell.
- Shipping Price – The amount for post and packaging.
- Delivery – If the item is for posting or is for collection only.
Condition & Refunds –
- Condition – Is the item in New, Like New or Used condition? New is brand new, never been out of the packaging. Like New is virtually new , but the item may have been taken out of the box to inspect it. Used-Good is where the items has been used but is still in excellent condition. Used-Fair is where the item has been used a lot and may show a lot of marks or signs of usage.
- Refunds – Does the seller off the option of a refund?
Specific Details – These are further details to enhance your listing detail information. These options are specific to the Category and Subcategory that you select and will include choices for manufacturer and scale etc…
6. Features – Our Features section gives you a number of pre-defined options to choose from. This allows you to select multiple options that apply to your item and is a quick way to add detail without having to type all the features by hand.
7. Photos – You can upload a number of photos here depending on your Listing package. Please note that all photos will be compressed and resized automatically on submission. Only .jpg, *.png and *.jpeg formats are accepted.
N.B. We advise that all photos should be loaded in ‘landscape’ format, this is especially important for Mobile phone users.
8. Video – We allow links to videos that are held on YouTube or Vimeo. These can be your own videos that your have uploaded or generic product videos.
9. Listing Upgrade Options – For users that select a Free Listing package, there are a number of optional ‘paid’ upgrade options to enhance your listing. This upgrade options are all included with the ‘Super Listing’ package.
- Featured – A Featured listing will be highlighted in search results with a ‘Featured’ banner showing on the listing.
- Sponsored – Sponsored listings will appear at the top of search results.
- Homepage – A Homepage listing will show on our homepage under the ‘Premium Listings’ section and so will benefit from the most exposure.
10. Save Changes – Once you have finished setting up your listing, click the ‘Save Changes’ button. You will be asked to pay for any ‘Upgrade options’ and then you can confirm that the listing can be made ‘live’. Do not worry if you make a mistake as you can edit the listing via the ‘My Account’ area if you spot an error.